Key of Bee Piano Studio is looking to hire an enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate teacher to join our team in Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia.
We are a piano studio that believes in providing quality piano lessons that focus not only on skill development but also on the enjoyment of learning, the right to make mistakes and the celebration of student achievements. The embracement and championing of these core values is of paramount importance in a successful candidate.
Students range in age from 3+ so experience and enthusiasm working with a variety of ages and personalities is important. All lessons are private lessons ranging from 30 to 45 minutes in length.
This position is a contract position that officially runs from January through June, with potential for longer. Teaching hours take place Monday to Friday and include afternoon and evenings. Minimal prep work and event (ie – recital) attendance expected (and compensated for).
Studio, curriculum, and supplements provided. Administration including accounting and scheduling not required. Event planning and preparation also not required, but attendance is mandatory. Dates pre-set and available now.
Required Qualifications & Assets:
- RCM Grade 8+ and/or post-secondary music degree
- Experience working with children and an understanding of development
- Basic understanding of French (preferred)
- Must not have any personal commitments that interfere with your teaching schedule.
- Must be able to teach our curriculum and syllabus.
- You are reliable, patient, open-minded and above all enjoy working with children.
- Able to teach technique and repertoire in a fun, engaging manner.
- Encourage the joy of making music.
- Help students develop the discipline and commitment required for success.
- Make learning just as fun as making music itself.
- Build a strong relationship with the students to better help them succeed.
- Give brief feedback to parents at the end of every lesson
- Have access to laptop and/or iPad for planning and teaching purposes. Teacher use only – no students!
Compensation based on qualifications and experience.